Á¦ ¸ñ

The National palace Museum

ÀÛ¼ºÀÚ

Á¶¹Î°ü

ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ

24-06-23

Á¶È¸

I was really interested in the royal symbols, and I really wanted to be an archaeologist who studies the Joseon Dynasty well.

-->

I went to the National Palace Museum. I learned many things about the Joseon Dynasty, one of the dynasties in the Korean peninsula. However, today, I will talk about the royal symbol in the king¡¯s cloth.

First, the clothing that the kings wore were red, and they were called Gonryeongpo. The royal symbol that was in the king¡¯s cloth were dragon symbols on the shoulders, chest, and in the back. At that time, the Joseon people believed that dragons gave rain, which was very important to grow crops such as rice. It was the king¡¯s duty to take care of the farmers, so dragons became the royal symbol with the king¡¯s hope of having the power of the dragon¡¯s. Also, the dragons in the Gonryeongpo have four toes, or claws if you look closely because in the Confucianism, the number of the dragon¡¯s claws meant the king¡¯s power and were very important. Another reason is that because the Chinese emperor wore five-clawed dragon robes, the Joseon king only had to wear four-clawed ones for Joseon was less stronger country than China at that time.

I was really interested in the royal symbols, and I really wanted to be an archaeologist who studies the Joseon Dynasty well.

ÀÌÀü±Û:     ÇØ´ç±ÛÀÌ ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù.
´ÙÀ½±Û:     Gwageo Exam (Sunggungwan)
¸ñ·Ïº¸±â Áö¿ì±â ±Û ¼öÁ¤