Á¦ ¸ñ

Seodaemun prison (¼­´ë¹®Çü¹«¼Ò) history hall

ÀÛ¼ºÀÚ

¼­Áö¿ì

ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ

24-01-21

Á¶È¸

Hello! My name is Jiwoo and today, I went to Seodaemun prison history hall. Seodaemun prison was a major prison that was so big where the Japanese prisoned independence fighters torturing cruelly. Also, it is a prison that used building that is panopticon to ensure no one is jailbreaking; needing only one person to watch the prisoners. Now that we know a little more about Seodaemun Prison, let's talk about the history of it. This prison was built on the 1908s, which was before the Japanese occupation(1910). This was because the government of Joseon started to corrupt. Because of this, the righteous army showed up protesting. The government needed help to fight the righteous army and asked for help to Japan. After they had fought the righteous army, they noticed they need a prison to keep them in. So that was when they started to built Seodaemun prison. But as I said in the beginning, the problem was that after Japan had occupied Joseon, Japan prisoned thousands of independence fighters inside this prison. First the prison was a small prison where we can prison only 500 people but since they didn't had space, the size of the prison started to be more bigger and bigger. To add, the location of the Seodaemun prison was beside the µ¶¸³¹® Donglimmun because they thought if we put it beside it, The Joseon people will feel hopeless about the independence. 

Thank you to all of the independence fighters, The Seodaemun prison is left as a history hall so please visit!
ÀÌÀü±Û:     ÇØ´ç±ÛÀÌ ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù.
´ÙÀ½±Û:     Gwageo Exam (Sunggungwan)
¸ñ·Ïº¸±â Áö¿ì±â ±Û ¼öÁ¤