Á¦ ¸ñ

The Structure and the Japsang of the Palace (â°æ±Ã)

ÀÛ¼ºÀÚ

ÀÌÇý½½

ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ

23-08-08

Á¶È¸

Today I went to the Changgyeonggung Palace (â°æ±Ã), and I would tell you about many interesting stuffs that I saw. 
     So, to start, I will describe the Structure of the palace. Like every other palace, Changgyeonggung palace is divided into 3 sections: the Outer Palace, Inner Palace, and the Back garden.
     Outer Palace was held for special events or occasions, and also for official works. For example, there were '¸íÁ¤Àü', and '¹®Á¤Àü'. 
     Inner palace was for the daily life of the royal family. '°æÃáÀü', or 'ȯ°æÀü' are all belonged.
     Lastly, the Back garden was the royal family's resting area. Most of the Changgyeonggung's garden now belongs to Changdukgung. Only the 'Ãá´çÁö', and '°ü´öÁ¤' areas remain as a part of Changgyeonggung Palace.

Now, the next topic. Japsang (Àâ»ó) are the 4 small figures found on the rooftop of palace buildings, and this are the followings: The first one is a Buddhist Monk, the second one is a monkey, then a pig, lastly there is a water ghost. People believed that they had a great power that protected buildings from evil spirits causing fire.   

Thank you very much for viewing my essay.
ÀÌÀü±Û:     Deoksugung palace
´ÙÀ½±Û:     ¹Ý±â¹® essay
¸ñ·Ïº¸±â Áö¿ì±â ±Û ¼öÁ¤